Information Technology Assistant
Hardwood & Puritan Information Technology Assistants support the Director of Information Technology with the operation, maintenance, troubleshooting and evolving nature of the local area network (LAN), hardware, software, peripherals and remote locations. IT Assistants perform routine daily IT processes and operations and other tasks assigned by the Director of Information Technology. Office is located in Guilford, ME.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supporting daily operation and backups of the ERP system and interfacing support systems.
- Assisting with daily inbound and outbound EDI processing, cross references and data backups.
- Assisting in the routine maintenance of PCs, laptops, printers and other peripherals.
- Fielding Help Desk calls, interfacing with end users for support, logging IT issues in our Help Desk tracking software, resolving open issues and closing respective issue tickets.
- Assisting with processing and reporting related to Month End, Quarter End and Year End tasks.
- Generating and formatting routine reports and fulfilling report requests.
- Creating and maintaining necessary IT documentation.
- Documenting and maintaining end user PC software and hardware and peripheral inventory and maintaining warranty/maintenance information.
- Providing phone system support (analog/IP/remote/wireless).
- Supporting Hosted Exchange email system.
- Assisting with the Information Security policy, annual compliance training and supporting software.
Key skills required:
- Strong analytical skills to evaluate and address projects and problems.
- Excellent documentation, writing and communication skills.
- 2 years minimum computer and IT support experience.
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects/tasks concurrently.
- Ability to direct other employees in order to facilitate solving a problem or implementing new software. The IT assistant may be required to oversee outside help onsite.
- Light lifting – 40 pounds (computer equipment and office products).
- Ability to access computer equipment in all buildings onsite for purposes of install, repair and replacement.
- Working outside the normal scope of the business day when situations or workloads require immediate attention.
Employment Application Process
Click below to download and fill out our digital application.
If you have trouble accessing the pdf, please contact us at [email protected].
Once you've completed the employment application form, submit your application using the form below.