Quality Systems Inspector (First Shift)
Location: Pittsfield, ME
Puritan Medical Products is hiring for QUALITY SYSTEMS INSPECTORS to join their team saving the world, one swab at a time, at their new manufacturing facility in Pittsfield, ME. Join Puritan in the quest to get testing supplies to the professionals!
A family-owned business for over 100 years, Puritan offers a comprehensive benefits plan, the opportunity to advance, and a warm and friendly employee-centric atmosphere. Benefits are available to employees working 32 hours per week and include medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as employee and dependent term life insurance.
We are looking for candidates who bring a cooperative spirit, welcome the opportunity to learn, and take pride in a job well done.
The purpose of a QS Inspector is to verify that products produced meet all required quality standards by performing the following responsibilities and possessing the summarized skills.
- Verifying all materials used for daily production match the Bill of Material (BOM)/Requisition
- Verify all documentation is completed correctly
- Verify each machine meets required processing specifications during production
- Verify all finished good packaging is completed according to BOM/Requisition
- Verify all products pass quality inspections
- Follow established safety rules and regulations
- Follow documented policies and procedures as designated by Purtian’s Quality System
- Ensure ISO 13485 (Manufacturer of Medical Devices) standard operation procedures are followed
Key Skills Required
- Excellent documentation, writing, and communication skills
- Ability to perform multiple tests verifying compliance with ISO 13485 & FDA
- Ability to develop strong working relations with Production Team, Equipment Technicians & Supervisors
- Ability to gauges, scales and calipers
- Ability to work in a louder than normal atmosphere and to be on your feet for long periods of time
- Basic mathematics
Shifts are 10 hours long, with paid 30-minute lunches and (2) 10-minute breaks. First shift runs from 5:00 am to 3:00 pm and second shift runs from 3:30 pm to 1:30 am.
This position pays $14.49 per hour on first shift and $14.84 per hour on second shift. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment physical. Subject to DOT regulations offers might also be contingent on successfully completing drug testing.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS PLEASE
Puritan Medical Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, credit history, unemployment status, or veteran status.
KMA Human Resources Consulting is a Maine-based company that handles recruiting and human resources for its clients. They are working with Puritan to hire the future workforce that will be manufacturing swabs at our new location in Pittsfield. KMA is proud to partner with Puritan to provide full-service recruiting support during this period of fast growth at Puritan. Applications for Pittsfield positions will be reviewed by KMA and they will work closely with Puritan to move candidates through the interview process.