Medical Building Mechanics
Location: Guilford, ME
Medical Building Mechanics are machine technicians, product specialists, troubleshooters, and quality assurance all rolled into one. They work on swab production machines on the factory floor to make sure they are set up properly, working well, and producing high-quality products in a safe environment. Mechanics ensure their machines are working at full capacity, are stocked with the necessary materials and are well maintained. Diagnose machine problems and resolve issues quickly to minimize downtime. Mentor and work with machine operators to run machines at optimal levels. This position is based on shift work, nights, weekends, and overtime may be required.
Typical tasks include:
- Mechanical aptitude
- Understand and follow ISO 13485 (Manufacture of Medical Devices) standard operating procedures
- Set-up, maintain, and repair factory machinery
- Ensure the smooth and efficient running of production machines
- Complete all required manufacturing paperwork on time
- Carry out scheduled routine maintenance
- Ensure that finished products are high quality and meet customer requirements
- Ensure the correct material is fed into the production machines per BOM
- Calculate and document product yield and waste
- Occasionally remove and pack finished products
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical set up and functional issues with:
- Electronic sensors, robotic machines, electric motors and components
Key skills required:
- Mechanical aptitude
- Diagnose and repair mechanical issues promptly
- Problem solve issues strategically
- Great documentation, writing, and communication skills
- Basic mathematics (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division)
- Decision making and attention to detail
- Able to work as a team member
- Able to meet production schedules
- Able to read machine blueprints and schematics
- Able to lift up to 30lbs
(Hiring multiple workers for this position.)
Employment Application Process
Click below to download and fill out our digital application.
If you have trouble accessing the pdf, please contact us at [email protected].
Once you've completed the employment application form, submit your application using the form below.