Sterile Wrap Machine Operator (First Shift)
Location: Pittsfield, ME
Puritan Medical Products is hiring for STERILE WRAP MACHINE OPERATORS to join their team saving the world, one swab at a time, at their new manufacturing facility in Pittsfield, ME. Join Puritan in the quest to get testing supplies to the professionals!
A family-owned business for over 100 years, Puritan offers a comprehensive benefits plan, the opportunity to advance, and a warm and friendly employee-centric atmosphere. Benefits are available to employees working 32 hours per week and include medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as employee and dependent term life insurance.
We are looking for candidates who bring a cooperative spirit, welcome the opportunity to learn, and take pride in a job well done.
Sterile Wrap Machine Operators run and control machines that are used in the manufacturing and packaging of single use foam swabs. Operators load raw materials onto machines and then operate the machine while monitoring production processes. Loading mainly includes dropping swabs at a specified run rate upon a moving chain, setting the swabs up for packaging. While the machine is running, the operator inspects wrapped packages closely to detect any signs defects affecting the quality of the swab or its packaging. Operators also perform inspections using gauges and checking adhesive bonding ensuring that products meet all product quality standards. This position is based on shift work, nights, weekends, and overtime may be required.
- Effectively monitor production, inspection, packaging and machine operation
- Follow production requirements as outlined on BOM/Requisition
- Complete all required manufacturing paperwork correctly and on time
- Maintain a safe and clean work space.
- Follow established safety rules and regulations
- Perform basic product test for quality
- Pays attention to finished product specification details
- Observe, maintain, and support the completion of all standard work processes
- Participate as an active member of the production assembly team
- Follow documented policies and procedures as designated by Puritan’s Quality System
- Ensure ISO 13485 (Manufacture of Medical Devices) standard operating procedures are followed
Key Skills Required
- Good documentation, writing, and communication skills
- Able to perform duties with minimal supervision
- Able to work as a team member
- Able to perform repetitive tasks for extended periods
- Able to follow and complete work instructions
- Basic mathematics (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division)
- Able to lift 30 lbs.
Shifts are 10 hours long, with paid 30-minute lunches and (2) 10-minute breaks. First shift runs from 5:00 am to 3:00 pm and second shift runs from 3:30 pm to 1:30 am.
This position pays $12.99 per hour on first shift and $13.34 on second shift. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment physical. Subject to DOT regulations offers might also be contingent on successfully completing drug testing.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS PLEASE
Puritan Medical Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, credit history, unemployment status, or veteran status.
KMA Human Resources Consulting is a Maine-based company that handles recruiting and human resources for its clients. They are working with Puritan to hire the future workforce that will be manufacturing swabs at our new location in Pittsfield. KMA is proud to partner with Puritan to provide full-service recruiting support during this period of fast growth at Puritan. Applications for Pittsfield positions will be reviewed by KMA and they will work closely with Puritan to move candidates through the interview process.