Production Team Leader (First Shift)
Location: Pittsfield, ME
Puritan Medical Products is hiring for PRODUCTION TEAM LEADERS to join their team saving the world, one swab at a time, at their new manufacturing facility in Pittsfield, ME. Join Puritan in the quest to get testing supplies to the professionals!
A family-owned business for over 100 years, Puritan offers a comprehensive benefits plan, the opportunity to advance, and a warm and friendly employee-centric atmosphere. Benefits are available to employees working 32 hours per week and include medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as employee and dependent term life insurance.
We are looking for candidates who bring a cooperative spirit, welcome the opportunity to learn, and take pride in a job well done.
The Production Team Leader coordinates and monitors activities of workers engaged in the production process by performing the following duties:
- Works with supervisor(s) and Lead Trainers to manage and prioritize staffing assignments to ensure products are manufactured to specific BOM requirements, production processes, while meeting or exceeding all quality standards.
- Performs daily periodic quality assurance checks throughout the production process.
- Engage in coaching and mentoring during the production process to ensure that standard procedures are followed and to improve employee performance.
- Use basic problem solving skills to ensure stable operation of machines and high operator performance standards.
- Report problems or concerns with quality, processes, equipment, materials and labor to Production Supervisor.
- Work closely with support staff such as Mechanics, Production Supervisors, Material Handlers to resolve issues.
- Observe, maintain, coordinate and complete standard work processes.
- Complete verification activities for assigned area.
- Identify and support continuous improvement efforts with Production Supervisor.
- Participate as an active member of the production assembly team and assembles products.
- Follow documented policies and procedures as designated by the Puritan’s Quality System.
- Coach production employees on how to follow and maintain detailed BOM assembly instructions, processes and procedures.
- Complete required documentation relating to business or regulatory requirements.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area to facilitate machine manufacturing functions.
- Ensure ISO 13485 (Manufacture of Medical Devices) standard operating procedures are followed as outlined per section.
Key Skills Required
- 3 to 5 years’ experience as a Lead Trainer
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO 13485 requirements, Puritan quality elements, and Puritan production processes
- Ability to identify training needs of production staff through observations and experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic mathematics (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division)
- Understanding of continuous improvement methodology
- Capacity to detect, analyze and solve problems or issues in a timely manner
Shifts are 10 hours long, with paid 30-minute lunches and (2) 10-minute breaks. First shift runs from 5:00 am to 3:00 pm and second shift runs from 3:30 pm to 1:30 am.
This position pays $17.29 per hour on first shift and $17.64 per hour on second shift. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment physical. Subject to DOT regulations offers might also be contingent on successfully completing drug testing.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS PLEASE
Puritan Medical Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, credit history, unemployment status, or veteran status.
KMA Human Resources Consulting is a Maine-based company that handles recruiting and human resources for its clients. They are working with Puritan to hire the future workforce that will be manufacturing swabs at our new location in Pittsfield. KMA is proud to partner with Puritan to provide full-service recruiting support during this period of fast growth at Puritan. Applications for Pittsfield positions will be reviewed by KMA and they will work closely with Puritan to move candidates through the interview process.