Technician Supervisor (Second Shift)
Location: Pittsfield, ME
Puritan Medical Products is hiring for TECHNICIAN SUPERVISORS to join their team saving the world, one swab at a time, at their new manufacturing facility in Pittsfield, ME. Join Puritan in the quest to get testing supplies to the professionals!
A family-owned business for over 100 years, Puritan offers a comprehensive benefits plan, the opportunity to advance, and a warm and friendly employee-centric atmosphere. Benefits are available to employees working 32 hours per week and include medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as employee and dependent term life insurance.
We are looking for candidates who bring a cooperative spirit, welcome the opportunity to learn, and take pride in a job well done.
The Technician Supervisor coordinates and monitors the production activities of production floor technicians by performing the following duties:
- Evaluate machines to ensure manufacturing processes are operating at maximum efficiency
- Enforce and monitor all safety policies to decrease the potential for employee injuries on the job
- Ensure raw materials are properly issued, staged, and returned to warehouse with proper paperwork (when not consumed in production)
- Inspect finished goods to ensure accurate quantity, labeling and required record keeping
- Ensure production resources are used efficiently and correctly
- Work with Production Supervisors to direct and set production staff job assignments and evaluate job performance
- Take full responsibility for ensuring that processes and procedures are generating products that meet customer specifications as detailed in the BOM and outlined by quality systems
- Monitor and report, and document all machine performance issues
- Ensure that adequate communication is given either verbally or written to all members of the production team as required for production
- Problem solving and troubling shooting skills are used to identify root causes and take fast effective action to resolve the problems affecting production
- Work closely with co-managers to ensure production handovers are effective
- Take an active role to meet the daily production schedule
- Make appropriate decisions while following all organizational policies and procedures
- Ensure that all Sterile Wrap section scheduled maintenance on machines is compete on time and documented appropriately
- Ensure that the Sterile Wrap section meets or exceeds the required level of cleanliness
Key Skills Required
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO 13485 requirements, Puritan quality standards, and Puritan production processes
- Ability to manage and lead teams
- 4 years of production machine troubleshooting and maintenance
- 4 or more years of supervisory experience
- Ability to identify training needs of technicians through observations and experience
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate mathematics (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division)
- Understanding of continuous improvement methodology
- Capacity to detect, analyze and solve problems or issues in a timely manner
- Manage technicians to obtain timely, high quality, production results
Shifts are 10 hours long, with paid 30-minute lunches and (2) 10-minute breaks. First shift runs from 5:00 am to 3:00 pm and second shift runs from 3:30 pm to 1:30 am.
This position pays $19.69 per hour on first shift and $20.04 per hour on second shift. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment physical. Subject to DOT regulations offers might also be contingent on successfully completing drug testing.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS PLEASE
Puritan Medical Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, credit history, unemployment status, or veteran status.
KMA Human Resources Consulting is a Maine-based company that handles recruiting and human resources for its clients. They are working with Puritan to hire the future workforce that will be manufacturing swabs at our new location in Pittsfield. KMA is proud to partner with Puritan to provide full-service recruiting support during this period of fast growth at Puritan. Applications for Pittsfield positions will be reviewed by KMA and they will work closely with Puritan to move candidates through the interview process.