Manufacturing Technician (Second Shift)
Location: Pittsfield, ME
Puritan Medical Products is hiring for MANUFACTURING TECHNICIANS to join their team saving the world, one swab at a time, at their new manufacturing facility in Pittsfield, ME. Join Puritan in the quest to get testing supplies to the professionals!
A family-owned business for over 100 years, Puritan offers a comprehensive benefits plan, the opportunity to advance, and a warm and friendly employee-centric atmosphere. Benefits are available to employees working 32 hours per week and include medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as employee and dependent term life insurance.
We are looking for candidates who bring a cooperative spirit, welcome the opportunity to learn, and take pride in a job well done.
Manufacturing Technicians are trained as product specialists, machine troubleshooters for maintenance and operation, and quality assurance personnel. They work on swab machines on the factory floor to make sure they are set up properly, working efficiently, and producing high-quality products in a safe environment. Technicians ensure their machines are working at full capacity, are stocked with the necessary materials and are well maintained. They diagnose machine problems and resolve issues quickly to minimize downtime. They also mentor and work with machine operators to run machines at optimal levels. This position is based on shift work, nights, weekends, and overtime may be required.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Understand and follow ISO 13485 (Manufacture of Medical Devices) standard operating procedures
- Set-up, maintain, and repair factory machinery
- Ensure the smooth and efficient running of production machines
- Complete all required manufacturing paperwork on time
- Carry out scheduled routine maintenance
- Ensure that finished products are high quality and meet customer requirements
- Ensure the correct material is fed into the production machines per BOM
- Calculate and document product yield and waste
- Occasionally remove and pack finished products
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical set up and functional issues with: Chains; belts; electronic sensors, robotic machines, electric motors and components
Key Skills Required
- Mechanical aptitude
- Diagnose and repair mechanical issues promptly
- Problem solve issues strategically
- Great documentation, writing, and communication skills
- Basic mathematics (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division)
- Decision making and attention to detail
- Able to work as a team member
- Able to meet production schedules
- Able to read machine blueprints and schematics
- Able to lift up to 30 lbs.
Shifts are 10 hours long, with paid 30-minute lunches and (2) 10-minute breaks. The first shift runs from 5:00 am to 3:00 pm and the second shift runs from 3:30 pm to 1:30 am.
This position pays $16.60 per hour on first shift and $17.60 per hour on the second shift. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment physical. Subject to DOT regulations offers might also be contingent on successfully completing drug testing.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS PLEASE
Puritan Medical Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, credit history, unemployment status, or veteran status.
KMA Human Resources Consulting is a Maine-based company that handles recruiting and human resources for its clients. They are working with Puritan to hire the future workforce that will be manufacturing swabs at our new location in Pittsfield. KMA is proud to partner with Puritan to provide full-service recruiting support during this period of fast growth at Puritan. Applications for Pittsfield positions will be reviewed by KMA and they will work closely with Puritan to move candidates through the interview process.