Floor Material Handler (Second Shift)
Location: Pittsfield, ME
Puritan Medical Products is hiring for FLOOR MATERIAL HANDLERS to join their team saving the world, one swab at a time, at their new manufacturing facility in Pittsfield, ME. Join Puritan in the quest to get testing supplies to the professionals!
A family-owned business for over 100 years, Puritan offers a comprehensive benefits plan, the opportunity to advance, and a warm and friendly employee-centric atmosphere. Benefits are available to employees working 32 hours per week and include medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as employee and dependent term life insurance.
We are looking for candidates who bring a cooperative spirit, welcome the opportunity to learn, and take pride in a job well done.
The Floor Material Handler engages in and monitors activities of Floor Person(s) involved in the production process by performing and or confirming the following duties are complete:
Primary Duties for Production Continuity:
- Change paper rolls.
- Adjust paper rolls as needed.
- Add ink to lot and expiration date rollers.
- Seal cases and stack sealed cases on pallets.
- Take full pallets to the warehouse.
- Ensure all products on sterile pallets must have slip-sheets every 3 to 4 layers.
- Complete Production Ticket Form 60B before taking pallet to warehouse.
Primary Duties for Cleanliness/Housekeeping:
- Clean up swab and paper waste from floor.
- Deliver boxes of paper cores to the Print Room at the end of each shift so they can be sorted and reused.
- Break down foam swab “SW” boxes and return them to the Foam Room.
Primary End of Shift Duties:
- Take out trash from machine waste bins.
- Recycle paper, plastic and cardboard as needed.
- Complete Form 146C and place in bin on wall by Supervisors office.
- Participate as an active member of the production assembly team and assembles products.
- Follow documented policies and procedures as designated by the Puritan’s Quality System.
- Coach Floor Person(s) how to follow procedures, complete assignments and duties in support of production activities.
- Ensure required documentation relating to business or regulatory requirements is complete.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area to facilitate machine manufacturing functions.
- Ensure ISO 13485 (Manufacture of Medical Devices) standard operating procedures are followed as outlined for Floor Person duties.
Secondary Duties as Time Permits:
- Fill nitrile glove cabinet and wall shelves with glove boxes. Cases of gloves are located in the warehouse.
- Fill ink bottles with ink for the lot and expiration rollers as necessary.
- Fill tape dispenser water bottles as necessary.
Additional Duties as Needed:
- Run sample rolls of new paper lots by producing at least 20 samples. Write the lot #, machine #, and assigned roll #.Take samples to QS for paper burst and peel testing.
- Assist Mechanics with changeovers if requested.
- Assist Supervision and Management with any other special requests as needed.
Key Skills Required
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO 13485 requirements, Puritan quality elements, and Puritan production processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic mathematics (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division)
Shifts are 10 hours long, with paid 30-minute lunches and (2) 10-minute breaks. The first shift runs from 5:00 am to 3:00 pm and the second shift runs from 3:30 pm to 1:30 am.
This position pays $16.10 per hour on first shift and $17.10 per hour on the second shift. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment physical. Subject to DOT regulations offers might also be contingent on successfully completing drug testing.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS PLEASE
Puritan Medical Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, credit history, unemployment status, or veteran status.
KMA Human Resources Consulting is a Maine-based company that handles recruiting and human resources for its clients. They are working with Puritan to hire the future workforce that will be manufacturing swabs at our new location in Pittsfield. KMA is proud to partner with Puritan to provide full-service recruiting support during this period of fast growth at Puritan. Applications for Pittsfield positions will be reviewed by KMA and they will work closely with Puritan to move candidates through the interview process.