Assistant Production Planner (First Shift)
Location: Pittsfield, ME
Puritan Medical Products is hiring for an ASSISTANT PRODUCTION PLANNER to join their team saving the world, one swab at a time, at their new manufacturing facility in Pittsfield, ME. Join Puritan in the quest to get testing supplies to the professionals!
A family-owned business for over 100 years, Puritan offers a comprehensive benefits plan, the opportunity to advance, and a warm and friendly employee-centric atmosphere. Benefits are available to employees working 32 hours per week and include medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as employee and dependent term life insurance.
We are looking for candidates who bring a cooperative spirit, welcome the opportunity to learn, and take pride in a job well done.
The Assistant Production Planner helps schedule production orders received from sales and prints the associated requisitions that plant staff will use to run/guide the order through the production process. Assistant Production Planners also help schedule the transportation (with trucking company) and sterilization (with Steris or Sterigenics) of finished goods requiring sterilization. Planners keep and maintain detailed production information in spreadsheets that include form 384, Sterile Wrap, Foam, and Sterility Load Report. Update and maintain the production schedule monitors. This position is based on shift work; nights, weekends, and overtime may be required.
- Update daily production spreadsheets
- Utilize AS 400 to review production and inventory data
- Transfer product between various warehouse stations (MB, IP)
- Build and schedule sterilized product load transportation and vessel processing schedule
- Create PO numbers for sterile load processing
- Create pick list for loads
- Create folder for load paperwork
- Create PO pallet sheets to place on pallets
- Get biological indicators ready for load
- Cut requisitions for orders placed by customers or replenish inventory
- Assign lot numbers and expiration dates to product
Key Skills Required
- Great documentation, writing, and communication skills
- Able to perform duties with minimal supervision
- Able to work as a team member
- Excellent Microsoft Office Skills (especially Excel)
- Ability to follow work plan and coordinate multiple items at one time
- Ability to react quickly to changes
- Intermediate mathematics (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division)
- Able to lift 30 lbs.
Shifts are 10 hours long, with paid 30-minute lunches and (2) 10-minute breaks. First shift runs from 5:00 am to 3:00 pm.
This position pays $18.00 per hour. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment physical. Subject to DOT regulations offers might also be contingent on successfully completing drug testing
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS PLEASE
Puritan Medical Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, credit history, unemployment status, or veteran status.
KMA Human Resources Consulting is a Maine-based company that handles recruiting and human resources for its clients. They are working with Puritan to hire the future workforce that will be manufacturing swabs at our new location in Pittsfield. KMA is proud to partner with Puritan to provide full-service recruiting support during this period of fast growth at Puritan. Applications for Pittsfield positions will be reviewed by KMA and they will work closely with Puritan to move candidates through the interview process.