Human Resources Director
Location: Guilford & Pittsfield, ME
Puritan Medical Products is hiring a Human Resources Director to join their team saving the world, one swab at a time. This role will support locations in Guilford and Pittsfield, Maine. Join Puritan in the quest to get testing supplies to the professionals!
A family-owned business for over 100 years, Puritan offers a comprehensive benefits plan, the opportunity to advance, and a warm and friendly employee-centric atmosphere. Benefits are available to employees working 32 hours per week and include medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as employee and dependent term life insurance.
We are looking for candidates who bring a cooperative spirit, welcome the opportunity to learn, and take pride in a job well done.
The Human Resources Director will provide executive-level leadership and guidance to the organization's Human Resources operations. The Director is responsible for setting, enforcing, and evaluating legally compliant human resources policies, procedures, and best practices, and identify and implementing long-range strategic talent management goals.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains human resources staff
- Oversees the daily workflow of the Human Resources department for the entire company
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with executive leadership to define the organization’s long-term mission and goals; identifies ways to support this mission through talent management.
- Identifies key performance indicators for the organization’s human resource and talent management functions; assesses the organization’s success and market competitiveness based on these metrics.
- Researches, develops, and implements competitive compensation, benefits, performance appraisal, and employee incentive programs.
- Provides guidance and leadership to the human resource management team; assists with resolution of human resource, compensation, and benefits questions, concerns, and issues.
- Ensures compliance with employment, benefits, insurance, safety, and other laws, regulations, and requirements.
- Maintains knowledge of laws, regulations, and best practices in employment law, human resources, and talent management.
- Drafts and implements the organization’s staffing budget, and the budget for the human resource department.
- Participates in professional development and networking conferences and events.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Key Skills Required:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of and experience with varied human resource information systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- A Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field is preferred.
- At least ten years of human resource management experience required, with strategic, talent management, and/or business development experience highly preferred.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP strongly preferred.
- Experience in a manufacturing setting is desired along with a working knowledge of the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 13485 (Medical devices – Quality management systems – Requirements for regulatory purposes) standard operating procedures.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift to 15 pounds at times.
- All jobs offers are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment physical.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS PLEASE
Puritan Medical Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, credit history, unemployment status, or veteran status.
KMA Human Resources Consulting is a Maine-based company that handles recruiting and human resources for its clients. They are working with Puritan to hire the future workforce that will be manufacturing swabs at both our Guilford and Pittsfield locations. KMA is proud to partner with Puritan to provide full-service recruiting support during this period of fast growth at Puritan. Applications for both Guilford and Pittsfield positions will be reviewed by KMA and they will work closely with Puritan to move candidates through the interview process.