Process Engineer I
Puritan Medical Products is hiring for Process Engineer I to join their team saving the world, one swab at a time, at their new manufacturing facility in Pittsfield, ME. Join Puritan in the quest to get testing supplies to the professionals!
A family-owned business for over 100 years, Puritan offers a comprehensive benefits plan, the opportunity to advance, and a warm and friendly employee-centric atmosphere. Benefits are available to employees working 32 hours per week and include medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as employee and dependent term life insurance.
We are looking for candidates who bring a cooperative spirit, welcome the opportunity to learn, and take pride in a job well done.
The purpose of a Process Engineer I is to support the process development of Foam and Flock product families. This includes design, development, implementation, and improvement of manufacturing processes to produce cost effective, quality medical devices. Provide engineering expertise to create, document, and implement required process procedures and documents.
- Monitors performance of Flock and Foam equipment and corrects process problems that produce nonconforming products, low yields or product quality issues
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures
- Initiates and completes technical activities leading to new or improved processes, for current programs, next generation programs and to meet strategic goals and objectives of the company
- Prepares reports, publishes, and makes presentations to communicate findings
- Analyzes and solves problems with basic engineering principles, theories and concepts, up through and including a wide range of complex and advanced problems which require novel and new innovative approaches or a major breakthrough in technology
- Apply working knowledge of product design and assembly to the manufacturing process
- Create processes and procedures to help the company meet budgetary goals as well as performance quotas
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and cross-departmental meetings to ensure collaborating and cohesion
- Establish an effective and efficient machine work sequence including validation, operational analysis, and root cause analysis
- Devise new solutions to existing manufacturing problems
- Strong organizational, analytical and communication skills while working independently and in teams
- Ability to problem solve and collaborate with technical experts
- Manufacturing and machining experience
- 0-2 years of design and quality control experience in product manufacturing
- Proficient with Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office programs
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Engineering technology, or Mechanical Engineering required
- Experience with CAD programs a plus
- History of progressive responsibility a plus
- Occasionally lift 50 lbs and regularly lift up to 30 lbs, handle tasks involving frequent bending, twisting, lifting, squatting, walking, and standing
- Must be able to use fingers to grasp, move, or assemble very small objects
- Must be able and willing to work in a fast pace environment
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS PLEASE
This position is open to internal candidates only at this time.
Puritan Medical Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. .