Production Supervisor (Second Shift)
Location: Pittsfield, ME
Puritan Medical Products is hiring for Production Supervisor to join their team saving the world, one swab at a time, at their new manufacturing facility in Pittsfield, ME. Join Puritan in the quest to get testing supplies to the professionals!
A family-owned business for over 100 years, Puritan offers a comprehensive benefits plan, the opportunity to advance, and a warm and friendly employee-centric atmosphere. Benefits are available to employees working 32 hours per week and include medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as employee and dependent term life insurance.
We are looking for candidates who bring a cooperative spirit, welcome the opportunity to learn, and take pride in a job well done.
The Production Supervisor oversees production on the main production floor and associated areas, to meet production goals and quality objectives. The supervisor prioritizes production on the production schedule, equipment availability/functionality, personnel and raw material stock. They ensure optimal efficiency by monitoring productivity, product quality and personnel. Supervisors accomplish manufacturing staff performance by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain throughput by overseeing manufacturing processes, monitoring production flow, coordinating personnel and material resources, initiating and fostering a spirit of teamwork within and between departments
- Complete production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel, accomplishing work results by establishing priorities, monitoring progress, revising schedules, resolving problems, reporting results of the processing flow on shift production report
- Maintains quality monitoring by and enforcing organization standards
- Provides manufacturing information by compiling, sorting, and reporting production performance data
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures
- Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data, investigating issues, identifying solutions, and recommending action
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge of production processes and standards
- Ensure ISO 13485 (Manufacture of Medical Devices) standard operating procedures are followed
Key Skills Required
- 3 - 5 years’ experience supervising and managing in a production environment
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO 13485 requirements
- Ability to identify training needs of subordinates through observations and achievement
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Intermediate computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite
- Basic mathematics (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division)
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing and Process Improvement methodology
- Capacity to detect, analyze and solve problems or issues in a timely manner
Shifts are 10 hours long, with paid 30-minute lunches and (2) 10-minute breaks. First shift runs from 5:00 am to 3:00 pm and second shift runs from 3:30 pm to 1:30 am.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS PLEASE
Puritan Medical Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, credit history, unemployment status, or veteran status.
KMA Human Resources Consulting is a Maine-based company that handles recruiting and human resources for its clients. They are working with Puritan to hire the future workforce that will be manufacturing swabs at our new location in Pittsfield. KMA is proud to partner with Puritan to provide full-service recruiting support during this period of fast growth at Puritan. Applications for Pittsfield positions will be reviewed by KMA and they will work closely with Puritan to move candidates through the interview process.