Electronic Data Integration (EDI) Specialist
Location: Guilford, ME
Puritan Medical Products is hiring an Electronic Data Integration(EDI) Specialist to join our team saving the world, one swab at a time, at our headquarters location in Guilford, Maine. Join Puritan in the quest to get testing supplies to the professionals!
A family-owned business for over 100 years, Puritan offers a comprehensive benefits plan, the opportunity to advance, and a warm and friendly employee-centric atmosphere. Benefits are available to employees working 32 hours per week and include medical, dental, and vision insurance as well as employee and dependent term life insurance.
We are looking for candidates who bring a cooperative spirit, welcome the opportunity to learn, and take pride in a job well done.
The EDI Specialist reports to the Director of Information Technology and will help with the day-to-day operations and new development of EDI Trading Partner relationships and transaction set development. The schedule will include working outside the normal scope of the business day when situations or workloads require immediate attention. While the primary focus is on EDI, the candidate may have additional IT responsibilities or be asked to assist with major functions or daily tasks as needs require.
- Process the daily inbound and outbound EDI documents.
- Analyze any potential document errors and work to resolve.
- Facilitate new customer account (existing trading partner) EDI setups.
- Work with Customer Service & Accounting related to EDI document flow.
- Manage Trading Partner Relationships.
- Manage Item Cross-Reference files.
- Manage new Trading Partner relationship requests.
- Analyze and facilitate pending mapping changes of existing Trading Partners.
- Revise and update internal existing EDI documentation.
- Understand the basic tenets of EDI functionality – general mapping skills would be a bonus.
- Ability to work with current EDI programmer and EDI business contact & EDI programmer of trading partner.
- Assist in the migration of our current EDI program to a new software platform with new EDI functionality.
- Manage the new EDI platform vendor relationships.
- Provide necessary EDI analysis reports.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field required OR 3 years of related experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to speak and write about technical issues for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to set and meet goals, assess risks and needs, develop schedules, monitor and communicate status.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, evolving environment with multi-tasking responsibilities.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS PLEASE
Puritan Medical Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, credit