Director of Manufacturing
Puritan Medical Products is hiring a Director of Manufacturing to join their team saving the world, one swab at a time, at their manufacturing facility in Guilford, ME. Join Puritan in the quest to get testing supplies to the professionals!
A family-owned business for over 100 years, Puritan offers a comprehensive benefits plan, the opportunity to advance, and a warm and friendly employee-centric atmosphere. Benefits are available to employees working 32 hours per week and include medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as employee and dependent term life insurance.
We are looking for candidates who bring a cooperative spirit, welcome the opportunity to learn, and take pride in a job well done.
The Director of Manufacturing manages production operations through a team of functional managers and supervisors. He/she ensures increasing levels of customer and employee satisfaction while improving the efficiency of labor, materials, and machines.
- Maintains throughput by overseeing manufacturing processes, monitoring production flow, coordinating personnel and material resources, and initiating and fostering a spirit of teamwork within and between departments.
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel, accomplishing work results by establishing priorities, monitoring progress, revising schedules, resolving problems, and reporting results of the processing flow on shift production report.
- Maintains quality monitoring and enforces organization standards.
- Provides manufacturing information by compiling, sorting, and reporting production performance data.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data, investigating issues, identifying solutions, and recommending action.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge of production processes and standards.
- Ensures ISO 13485 (Manufacture of Medical Devices) standard operating procedures are followed.
- Works with other supervisors across the production plant to maintain workflow.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing techniques and Process Improvement methodology.
- Technical skills in materials and inventory management, production scheduling, and preventive maintenance.
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO 13485 requirements.
- Intermediate computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS PLEASE
Puritan Medical Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, credit history, unemployment status, or veteran status.
All offers are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment physical. Subject to DOT regulations offers might also be contingent on successfully completing drug testing
KMA Human Resources Consulting is a Maine-based company that handles recruiting and human resources for its clients. They are working with Puritan to hire the future workforce that will be manufacturing swabs at both our Guilford and Pittsfield locations. KMA is proud to partner with Puritan to provide full-service recruiting support during this period of fast growth at Puritan. Applications for both Guilford and Pittsfield positions will be reviewed by KMA and they will work closely with Puritan to move candidates through the interview process.