Human Resources Generalist
Location: Pittsfield, ME
Puritan Medical Products is hiring an experienced Human Resources Generalist to join their team saving the world, one swab at a time, at their new manufacturing facility in Pittsfield, ME. If you are dedicated and ambitious, we would love for you to help us keep growing. We are looking for candidates who bring a cooperative spirit, welcome the opportunity to learn, and take pride in a job well done. So, join Puritan in the quest to get testing supplies to the professionals!
A family-owned business for over 100 years, Puritan offers a comprehensive benefits plan, the opportunity to advance, and a warm and friendly employee-centric atmosphere. Benefits are available to employees working 32 hours per week and include medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as employee and dependent term life insurance.
The HR Generalist plays an integral part in the company by supporting the workforce. The Generalist carries out all functions of the day-to-day operations of the human resources department and provides support to the management team. The position assists with the implementation of policies and processes in employee relations, recruitment, training and development, retention, payroll, benefits administration, state and federal compliance, and safety.
- Maintains all employee records in HRIS system and personnel files.
- Administers employee benefit programs and educates employees on aspects of the Company benefit programs.
- Responds to employee relations matters such as employee complaints and harassment allegations in conjunction with the CEO. Assists managers and supervisors in drafting disciplinary actions and performance improvement plans.
- Represents the company for any unemployment claims.
- Manages workers compensation claims and provides guidance to managers regarding the work of restricted employees.
- Onboards new employees, assists with any VISA questions and tracking.
- Conducts orientation and facilitates professional development / training for employees and managers.
- Leads safety efforts in partnership with Operations. Actively participates in safety committee meetings.
- Maintains and coordinates employee recognition and wellness programs.
- Assists in employee event coordination and building company culture.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or related field and 2-4 years of experience in a Human Resources capacity.
- Background in employment law or other government compliance regulations is preferred.
- PHR or SHRM-CP preferred.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment with diverse workforce desired.
- Must be computer literate and have working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Familiarity with HRIS systems.
- Must have the ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment and decision making that is consistent with company standards and procedures.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally in both oral and written communications.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS PLEASE
Puritan Medical Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, credit history, unemployment status, or veteran status.
KMA Human Resources Consulting is a Maine-based company that handles recruiting and human resources for its clients. They are working with Puritan to hire the future workforce that will be manufacturing swabs at both our Guilford and Pittsfield locations. KMA is proud to partner with Puritan to provide full-service recruiting support during this period of fast growth at Puritan. Applications for both Guilford and Pittsfield positions will be reviewed by KMA and they will work closely with Puritan to move candidates through the interview process.