Location: Pittsfield, ME
Puritan Medical Products is hiring an experienced Materials Manager to join their team saving the world, one swab at a time, at their new manufacturing facility in Pittsfield, ME. If you are dedicated and ambitious, we would love for you to help us keep growing. We are looking for candidates who bring a cooperative spirit, welcome the opportunity to learn, and take pride in a job well done. So, join Puritan in the quest to get testing supplies to the professionals!
A family-owned business for over 100 years, Puritan offers a comprehensive benefits plan, the opportunity to advance, and a warm and friendly employee-centric atmosphere. Benefits are available to employees working 32 hours per week and include medical, dental, and vision insurance as well as employee and dependent term life insurance.
The Materials Manager will oversee the planning, procurement, storage, control, and distribution of materials and products according to company needs and customer requirements. The position successfully manages all planning, print room, and warehouse activities and transactions. The ideal candidate will have applicable experience in an ISO 13485 (Medical Device) manufacturing facility.
- Coordinates and facilitates shipping and handling of incoming and outgoing materials with other departments as required.
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Manages and coordinates with Label Control, Procurement, Production Planning and Customer Service any product changes, revisions or updates.
- Complies with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
- Recommends and coordinates on site inventory levels using current and future systems with Procurement to ensure no material stock outs or overstock issues occur.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Supports and coordinates with Procurement to insure proper and accurate raw material and finished goods receipt and shipments support supplier invoicing.
- Properly and accurately maintains all required planning and warehouse documents in support of company requirements and policies.
- Ensures compliance with all required labeling requirements for all materials, Receipt Inspection required, Released, In process, QM, Obsolete and FG and other define material status.
- Recommends and properly documents the safe and proper disposition of defined materials.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field and five years of experience in materials control field required.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment with diverse workforce desired.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and inventory reporting systems.
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment and decision making that is consistent with company standards and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the proven ability to work well with all levels of management and staff.
- Familiar with or direct experience in ISO certified manufacturing facilities.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS PLEASE
Puritan Medical Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, credit history, unemployment status, or veteran status.
KMA Human Resources Consulting is a Maine-based company that handles recruiting and human resources for its clients. They are working with Puritan to hire the future workforce that will be manufacturing swabs at our new location in Pittsfield. KMA is proud to partner with Puritan to provide full-service recruiting support during this period of fast growth at Puritan. Applications for Pittsfield positions will be reviewed by KMA and they will work closely with Puritan to move candidates through the interview process.