Director of Engineering
Location: Guilford, ME
Puritan Medical Products is hiring a Director of Engineering to join their team saving the world, one swab at a time, at their manufacturing facility in Guilford, ME. Join Puritan in the quest to get testing supplies to the professionals!
A family-owned business for over 100 years and Inc.’s Company of the Year in 2020, Puritan offers a comprehensive benefits plan, the opportunity to advance, and a warm and friendly employee-centric atmosphere. Benefits are available to employees working 32 hours per week and include medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as employee and dependent term life insurance.
We are looking for candidates who bring a cooperative spirit, welcome the opportunity to learn, and take pride in a job well done.
The Director of Engineering will oversee new product and process engineering, machine design and build, manufacturing engineering, machine technology, and facilities and maintenance.
- Oversees engineering staff and ensures that they meet goals and objectives. Provides leadership and accountability for manufacturing process definition, identification and implementation of beneficial manufacturing technologies, capital acquisitions, tooling design, process optimization and integration in transition to production.
- Ensures culture of accountability, team building, and continuous improvement throughout the Engineering organization.
- Recruits additional engineering staff as needed.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Works with team to build and complete cross training and development plans that are robust as needed.
- Consults with General Manager and Director of Manufacturing to create long-range operating and manufacturing goals specific to the needs of the organization.
- Develops quality processes to ensure we connect customer needs to improvements in our process and design.
- Manages the design of manufacturing process, tools, procedures and production layouts for assemblies, equipment installation, processing, machining and material handling.
- Serves as a key leader in the identification and follow-through of safety improvements throughout the facility and instrumental in driving the safety culture.
- Solves problems that arise and communicates effectively with teams to ensure customer demands are met.
- Oversees progress and timeliness of projects.
- Reviews project reports to ensure projects are on schedule and within budget.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing, or Electrical Engineering or equivalent plus 10 years relevant experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software as well as UG/NX or other 3D modeling programs.
- Demonstrated experience in machining and quality processes.
- Exposure to compliance processes and procedures within the manufacturing and operations industries would be helpful.
- Experience managing a team, working with customers and sales team.
- Supply Chain Management experience in DoD environment preferred.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS PLEASE
Puritan Medical Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, credit history, unemployment status, or veteran status.
KMA Human Resources Consulting is a Maine-based company that handles recruiting and human resources for its clients. They are working with Puritan to hire the future workforce that will be manufacturing swabs at both our Guilford and Pittsfield locations. KMA is proud to partner with Puritan to provide full-service recruiting support during this period of fast growth at Puritan. Applications for both Guilford and Pittsfield positions will be reviewed by KMA and they will work closely with Puritan to move candidates through the interview process.