Quality Assurance Specialist (First Shift)
Puritan Medical Products is hiring a Quality Assurance Specialist on first shift to join their team saving the world, one swab at a time, at their manufacturing facility in Guilford, ME. Join Puritan in the quest to get testing supplies to the professionals!
A family-owned business for over 100 years, Puritan offers a comprehensive benefits plan, the opportunity to advance, and a warm and friendly employee-centric atmosphere. Benefits are available to employees working 32 hours per week and include medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as employee and dependent term life insurance.
We are looking for candidates who bring a cooperative spirit, welcome the opportunity to learn, and take pride in a job well done.
- Reviews production batch records for accuracy and completeness in order to approve intermediate products for use in production and to release product for commercial sale.
- Reviews finished goods batch records, reports all deviations in these records, and assures these have been addressed and resolved prior to issuing approval.
- Conducts spot-check inspections/audits of production operations.
- Communicates quality issues to QA Management in a timely manner.
- Inspects customer returns for damage and performing basic investigation and documenting results prior to second level processing. Supports customer complaint investigations as required.
- Calibrates / maintains laboratory equipment.
- Supports / reviews and may approve SOP revisions, validations and other protocols.
- May lead / own QA department specific NC or CAPA and may provide support of the NC and CAPA processes.
- Serves as member of internal audit team and provides support for internal audits as needed.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in a Biology, Chemistry, Life Sciences, or other related technical field and 1+ year of quality experience in a regulated environment (i.e. medical device, aerospace, defense, pharmaceutical, etc.).
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to work either 1st or 2nd shift or weekend (as needed).
- Previous medical device experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of Internet software; Fourth Shift and MRP Inventory/manufacturing software preferred.
All offers are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment physical.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS PLEASE
Puritan Medical Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, credit history, unemployment status, or veteran status.
KMA Human Resources Consulting is a Maine-based company that handles recruiting and human resources for its clients. They are working with Puritan to hire the future workforce that will be manufacturing swabs at both our Guilford and Pittsfield locations. KMA is proud to partner with Puritan to provide full-service recruiting support during this period of fast growth at Puritan. Applications for both Guilford and Pittsfield positions will be reviewed by KMA and they will work closely with Puritan to move candidates through the interview process.