Facilities Technician (First Shift)
Puritan Medical Products is hiring an experienced Facilities Technician to first shift to join their team saving the world, one swab at a time, at their new manufacturing facility in Pittsfield, ME. If you are dedicated and ambitious, we would love for you to help us keep growing. We are looking for candidates who bring a cooperative spirit, welcome the opportunity to learn, and take pride in a job well done. So, join Puritan in the quest to get testing supplies to the professionals!
A family-owned business for over 100 years, Puritan offers a comprehensive benefits plan, the opportunity to advance, and a warm and friendly employee-centric atmosphere. Benefits are available to employees working 32 hours per week and include medical, dental, and vision insurance as well as 401k and employee and dependent term life insurance.
The Facilities Technician will perform routine building maintenance, installation, and repairs to ensure the facilities are safe, clean, and available for use. The ideal candidate will be a jack-of-all-trades with experience in HVAC, electrical, and plumbing systems in commercial buildings.
- Performs a variety of routine semi-skilled maintenance of Puritan facilities, including but not limited to carpentry, snow removal, landscaping, painting, plumbing, and electrical trades work.
- Conducts routine inspections and maintenance of heating, electrical, and air conditioning equipment; identifies more complex maintenance needs and effectively communicates with outside contractors as needed.
- Inspects facilities and grounds for safety and security; identifies and resolves hazardous conditions.
- Follows safe working practices and complies with building codes.
- Performs custodial tasks, keeps building and grounds clean and attractive.
- Monitors inventory, orders supplies, and maintains purchase records within authorized budget.
- Maintains records and logs of daily activities.
- High school diploma or GED and 1-3 years of hands on experience troubleshooting and repairing systems.
- Clean driving record.
- Knowledge and use of basic power tools.
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to establish, maintain, and foster positive and effective working relationships.
- Knowledge and understanding of Building Management Systems used to control environmental systems.
- Knowledge of emergency plans.
- Experience working in a company operating under ISO, FDA, or similar quality systems or regulations.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS PLEASE
Puritan Medical Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, credit history, unemployment status, or veteran status.
KMA Human Resources Consulting is a Maine-based company that handles recruiting and human resources for its clients. They are working with Puritan to hire the future workforce that will be manufacturing swabs at both our Guilford and Pittsfield locations. KMA is proud to partner with Puritan to provide full-service recruiting support during this period of fast growth at Puritan. Applications for both Guilford and Pittsfield positions will be reviewed by KMA and they will work closely with Puritan to move candidates through the interview process.