Human Resource/Training Assistant
Location: Pittsfield, ME
Puritan Medical Products is hiring for a HUMAN RESOURCES/TRAINING ASSISTANT to join their team saving the world, one swab at a time, at their new manufacturing facility in Pittsfield, ME. Join Puritan in the quest to get testing supplies to the professionals!
A family-owned business for over 100 years, Puritan offers a comprehensive benefits plan, the opportunity to advance, and a warm and friendly employee-centric atmosphere. Benefits are available to employees working 32 hours per week and include medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as employee and dependent term life insurance.
We are looking for candidates who bring a cooperative spirit, welcome the opportunity to learn, and take pride in a job well done.
The Human Resource/Training Assistant coordinates and monitors activities of employees engaged in the production process.
- Works with supervisors to ensure employees have foundational understanding and training to complete their required duties.
- Completes Attrition spreadsheet each week to track total number of employees at Puritan Medical Products
- Reviews new application for pertinent applicants for required human resource needs of Medical Building.
- Engage in coaching and mentoring to support the improvement of employee work performance.
- Design and direct training standards and methods that give workers and cross functional teams the ability to complete expected tasks, while producing quality products that meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Responsible for providing coaching regarding human resource topics (employee performance, professionalism, appropriate employee interactions), developing team-oriented processes and communications across supervisory team and shifts.
- Keep and compile data regarding areas of training deficiencies.
- Manage and review with supervisor’s employee performance pertaining to manufacturing and accreditation standards, professional behavior and job performance.
- Ensure ISO 13485 (Manufacture of Medical Devices) standard operating procedures are followed.
Key Skills Required
- 3-5 years management experience
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO 13485 requirements, Puritan quality elements, and Puritan production processes
- Ability to identify training needs of production staff through observations and experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic mathematics
- Understanding of continuous improvement methodology
- Capacity to detect, analyze and solve problems or issues in a timely manner
This position pays $20.80 per hour and all offers are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment physical. Subject to DOT regulations offers might also be contingent on successfully completing drug testing.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS PLEASE
Puritan Medical Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, credit history, unemployment status, or veteran status.
KMA Human Resources Consulting is a Maine-based company that handles recruiting and human resources for its clients. They are working with Puritan to hire the future workforce that will be manufacturing swabs at our new location in Pittsfield. KMA is proud to partner with Puritan to provide full-service recruiting support during this period of fast growth at Puritan. Applications for Pittsfield positions will be reviewed by KMA and they will work closely with Puritan to move candidates through the interview process.