Supplier Quality Manager
The Supplier Quality Manager is responsible for daily operations while leading and developing a team of quality professionals. The person in this role will create, develop, and implement a Supplier Quality Management program that will encompass Hardwood|Puritan locations. You will be a trusted quality partner to our suppliers (new & existing) and to your internal partners. You will be responsible for establishing a foundation toward developing a world-class Quality Team. Puritan Medical Products will rely on you to lead and accomplish our critical, short- and long-term goals. Travel to our supplier sites as needed with flexibility to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
- Create, develop, and implement a Supplier Quality Management program including performance metrics in multiple locations.
- Responsible for creating and managing a process to select and qualify new vendors in support of business lines and locations.
- Solidify relationships with suppliers and be the liaison with on-site audits and continuous improvement initiatives to ensure a successful relationship.
- Update and create new processes and documentation while developing a strategic supplier quality improvement program.
- Ensure compliance to ISO 13485, including cGMP.
- Create and implement an ISO Supplier audit program.
- Provide insight and recommendations to continually improve processes.
- Excellent communication skills with an innate ability to motivate and inspire team performance.
- Manage, develop, and train a team of Supplier Quality Engineers, to ensure the supply chain provides satisfactory, material delivery and performance for manufacturing process at multiple Puritan locations.
- Manage the root cause analysis and corrective actions process of supplier quality issues.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field and 5 + years of experience is required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience facilitating group meetings, managing conflict, recording, and assigning action items and meeting strict timelines.
- Experience with Medical Instrumentation and disposables in regulated industry required.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations, standards, and guidance documents pertaining to the medical device industry (i.e., 13485, MDSAP, IVDR, FDA QSR, 14971).
- Background in a Quality Engineering subject area, including statistics is desired.
- Continuous Improvement with Six Sigma problem solving experience. A Belt certification is a plus.
- Track record of building business relationships to deliver results.
- Occasionally lift 50 lbs. and regularly lift to 30lbs, handle tasks involving frequent bending, twisting, lifting, squatting, walking, and standing.
- Must be able and willing to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to use fingers to grasp, move, or assemble very small objects.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work requires operation of a computer.
Location: Our Flagship Operation is in Guildford, ME with 2 production plants in Pittsfield, ME with a sales office in Falmouth, ME. Depending on role, we will consider candidates working remote with occasional travel (25%) to these locations.
Hardwood | Puritan is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement and advancement will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or military status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Employment Application Process
Click below to download and fill out our digital application.
If you have trouble accessing the pdf, please contact us at [email protected].
Once you've completed the employment application form, submit your application using the form below.