Lab Tech - Media Compounder
The Laboratory Specialist in our Microbiology Department is responsible for compounding media used for microbiological transport systems. The Compounder is responsible for the accurate checking and mixing of specific compounds for product formulations. Operating and monitoring our Autoclave and other equipment in accordance with applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) in a cleanroom environment. In this role, you will be responsible for accurately documenting and maintaining a production record.
- Media and reagent preparation: Weighing, measuring, and recording ingredients.
- Maintain a clean laboratory environment including cleaning glassware and laboratory equipment.
- Support proper documentation while following process (SOP)
- Assist in setting up equipment for manufacturing operations.
- Uphold Good Laboratory Practices (GLP)
- Perform general laboratory duties such as: preparing media, reagents, stocking supplies, cultures.
- Data entry, review, and analysis
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required. College work in a science discipline, preferred.
- Ability to multitask and work quickly while maintaining accuracy.
- Prioritization skills
- Understanding of aseptic technique in a clean environment, preferred
- Basic Laboratory kills
- Ability to effectively communicate – verbal & written.
Employment Application Process
Click below to download and fill out our digital application.
If you have trouble accessing the pdf, please contact us at [email protected].
Once you've completed the employment application form, submit your application using the form below.