IT Business Systems Analyst
Puritan Medical Product’s IT organization is growing, and we are looking for an IT Business System Analyst with experience in IT, Business Analysis, Configuration and Design. Join our expanding technology team and you will be a part of creating, designing, and configuring application solutions for our business functions. If you are detail-oriented and highly innovative, and have experience translating business requirements to IT solutions, apply for this role today.
The Business System Analyst will interface with internal and external stakeholders and collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and document business requirements, coordinate and support testing efforts and monitor the delivery of IT Application products. The Analyst role will serve as a subject matter expert of Puritan’s IT portfolio, and perform a variety of complicated tasks, such as review and validate client’s scope of work, perform gap analysis of existing capabilities with change requests, monitor progression of projects and generate weekly status reports.
A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates current business processes and make recommendations to create systems solutions that support overall business objectives.
- Document system requirements (functional and technical), define scope and objectives. Creates system specifications that drive system development, integration, and implementation.
- Liaison between IT and business users and have both business and technical expertise.
- Interface with internal and external stakeholders, and IT development teams (internal and external) to define scope, requirements, identify and document functional specifications, and supporting artifacts during the software development lifecycle, based on user needs and industry standards.
- Participate and contribute to IT business stakeholder meetings.
- Collaborate with team to arrive at solution to solve complex application design issues.
- Troubleshoot issues and assist users with identifying root issue, and collaborate with development team, other technical resources, and end-user as appropriate to resolve issue.
- Identify, monitor, and report issues, risks, mitigation plan, resource, and budget challenges, etc. to all stakeholders as appropriate.
- Follow Puritan’s defined change management and software development processes.
- Serve as the IT subject matter expert of IT application portfolio and collaborate with IT leadership to ensure all requests and projects align with IT and Puritan’s strategy.
- Adhere to project plans, timelines and provide support to the project manager.
- Develop testing scenarios/scripts, and conduct Level 2 testing and document results for assigned projects or requests.
- Coordinate, and support end user testing efforts (User Acceptance Testing) when appropriate.
- Support end-user training efforts as a technical subject matter expert.
- Develop external companion guides, training and other supplemental documentation as needed; including but not limited to documentation and dissemination of software user best practices.
- Knowledge of and compliance with Puritan policies, procedures, and company-sponsored annual programs (i.e., compliance training).
- Negotiate, listen, mitigate conflict, build alliances, and achieve desired results using strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
- Lead, plan and/or perform special projects and other duties as assigned and required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, BS/ BA/ BBA in Computer Science/Business Information Systems or similar technical degree preferred. 4 years minimum experience in related field in lieu of degree accepted.
- Proficient in of Microsoft Office Applications especially Word, Project, PowerPoint, Visio, and Excel.
- Able to develop and coordinate short and long-range planning activities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with emphasis on provide visibility into opaque processes and functions.
- Proficient written, verbal, listening and presentation communication skills.
- 5+ experience working as a Business Analyst, Business System Analyst or Program Analyst
- 1+ prior years’ experience working as Project Manager a plus.
- 1+ prior years’ Manufacturing experience a plus.
- Understanding of demand and resource management
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively in a team environment, negotiate diplomatically, and maintain composure and production quality under deadline pressure.
- Strong project management skills: ability to manage multiple high-visibility projects autonomously.
- Ability to think strategically and act in a detailed, hands-on manner.
- Business Process Modeling /Improvement
- Experience translating business needs to IT Solutions.
- Occasionally lift 50 lbs. and regularly lift to 30lbs, handle tasks involving frequent bending, twisting, lifting, squatting, walking, and standing.
- Must be able and willing to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work requires operation of a computer.
Location: Our Flagship Operation is in Guilford, ME with 2 production plants in Pittsfield, ME with a sales office in Falmouth, ME. Depending on role, we will consider candidates working remote with occasional travel (25%) to these locations.
Hardwood | Puritan is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement and advancement will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or military status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Employment Application Process
Click below to download and fill out our digital application.
If you have trouble accessing the pdf, please contact us at [email protected].
Once you've completed the employment application form, submit your application using the form below.