IT System Administrator
Puritan Medical Product’s IT organization is growing, and we are looking for an IT System Administrator with experience in quickly understanding existing and future applications/systems that require profile and role definition and administration. Join our expanding technology team and you will be a part of groundbreaking changes to Puritan’s infrastructure, IT Services, and application architecture. If you are detail-oriented and highly innovative, and have experience managing, monitoring, and maintaining application, network, security and IT operation systems, apply for this role today.
Our ideal candidate will be passionate about applying their skills to technology-based systems that creates real-world solutions that support’s Puritan’s business model. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Maintain essential system administration, including operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, email systems and other company software.
- Handle business-critical IT tasks, requests and last-minute changes that provides management of profiles/roles within our systems.
- Nurture dependable IT infrastructure and networking that is always up and running.
- Experience with or knowledge of programming languages and operating systems; current equipment and technologies, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, system performance-monitoring tools, active directories, virtualization, HTTP traffic, content delivery, and caching
- Establishes web system specifications by analyzing access, information and security requirements and designing system infrastructure.
- Secures web system by developing system access, monitoring, control, and evaluation.
- Meets financial requirements by submitting information for budgets and monitoring expenses.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking emerging internet technologies, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes organizational goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Perform server administration tasks, including user/group administration, security permissions, group policies, print services, research event log warnings and errors, and resource monitoring, ensuring system architecture components work together seamlessly.
- Monitor datacenter health using preexisting management tools and respond to hardware issues as they arise; help build, test, and maintain new servers as needed.
- Maintain internal infrastructure requirements including, laptop and desktop computers, servers, routers, switches, firewalls, printers, phones, security updates; support internet, intranet, LANs, WANs, and network segments.
- Interact with the IT Service Desk and other teams to assist in troubleshooting, identify root cause, and provide technical support when needed.
- Perform routine/scheduled audits of the systems, including all backups.
Years and Type of Relevant Work Experience:
- Proficient in of Microsoft Office Applications especially Outlook, Word, Project, PowerPoint, Visio, and Excel.
- Experience managing Microsoft’s active directory.
- Able to develop and coordinate short and long-range planning activities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with emphasis on provide visibility into opaque processes and functions.
- Proficient written, verbal, listening and presentation communication skills.
- 5+ experience working as a security system administrator, system administrator.
- 1+ prior years’ Manufacturing experience a plus.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively in a team environment, negotiate diplomatically, and maintain composure and production quality under deadline pressure.
- Ability to think strategically and act in a detailed, hands-on manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, BS/ BA/ BBA in Computer Science/Business Information Systems. 4 years minimum experience in related field in lieu of degree accepted.
- Proven work experience in IT (administration, applications, devops and security) Experience in multiple OS platforms
- In-depth knowledge of the TCP / IP protocol suite, security architecture, securing and hardening Operating
- Systems, Networks, Databases and Applications.
- Knowledge of the Incident Response life-cycle
- Thorough understanding of the threat and attack landscape, attack vectors, vulnerabilities and how they are leveraged by malicious actors.
- Be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time.
- Must be able and willing to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work requires operation of a computer.
Location: Our Flagship Operation is in Guilford, ME with 2 production plants in Pittsfield, ME with a sales office in Falmouth, ME. Depending on role, we will consider candidates working remote with occasional travel (25%) to these locations.
Hardwood | Puritan is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement and advancement will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or military status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Employment Application Process
Click below to download and fill out our digital application.
If you have trouble accessing the pdf, please contact us at [email protected].
Once you've completed the employment application form, submit your application using the form below.