IT Project Manager
Puritan Medical Product’s IT organization is growing, and we are looking for an IT Project Manager with experience in the coordination and completion of projects. Join our expanding technology team and you will be a part of groundbreaking changes to Puritan’s infrastructure, IT Services, and application architecture. If you are organized, detail-oriented and highly innovative, and have experience managing, and monitoring, projects, apply for this role today.
At Puritan, we rely on our IT systems to help our business reach and succeed with customers all over the world. We are seeking an experienced project manager who is eager to use and grow their technological skills on a worldwide stage. In this role, the successful individual will work directly with a project sponsor to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget, coordinate with other departments to ensure all aspects of each project are compatible, and to implement new software. Our ideal candidate will be passionate about applying their skills to technology-based systems that creates real-world solutions that support’s Puritan’s business model.
A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Facilitate definition of project scope and objectives, and high-level planning, discovery, project charter, approach and ensuring technical feasibility with project owners to clarify specific project requirements.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope, and within budget ensuring customer expectations are satisfied.
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress. This plan is developed / communicated with all stakeholders, vendors, and cross functional teams as well as all subsequent status updates.
- Prepare and present high-level plan with estimates for executives and cross functional leaders based on estimate outcomes.
- Prepare spreadsheets, diagrams, and process maps to document needs.
- Identify and manage resource requirements and constraints. Understand roles and responsibilities of project team members to effectively utilize and administer team resources and activities. This includes all aspects of systems implementation from requirements gathering, analysis and design, configuration, and test, through deployment and support of various system applications.
- Analyze and record detailed requirements, constraints, and assumptions with stakeholders to establish the project deliverables, using requirement-gathering techniques (e.g., planning sessions, brainstorming, focus groups) and the project charter.
- Maintains all project documentation including detailed work plans, responsibility assignments, organization of cross-functional and vendor activities, project tracking details and project analysis.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Implement the approved actions and workarounds required to mitigate project risk events to minimize the impact of the risks on the project.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques to monitor the progress of the project, identify and quantify any variances, perform any required corrective actions, and ensure the completion of tasks, sub-tasks, and deliverables on schedule. Ensure project goals are being met.
- Manages IT environmental changes through a defined IT change management system.
- Documents high-level risks, assumptions, and constraints using historical data and expert judgment to understand project limitations.
- Work with functional leaders to ensure resource availability, workload, and performance, as well as to drive project vision through effective risk management.
- Facilitate internal and external project meetings. Foster a cooperative team environment in all situations.
- Documents and distributes meeting minutes in a timely manner using standard formats.
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project life cycle.
- Understand and manage the impact of change on an organization.
- Report and escalate issues to management as needed.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplish organizational goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Years and Type of Relevant Work Experience:
- Able to develop and coordinate short and long-range planning activities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with emphasis on provide visibility into opaque processes and functions.
- Proficient written, verbal, listening and presentation communication skills.
- 5+ years of experience working as a Project Manager.
- 2+ years of experience working as a Project Coordinator.
- 1+ prior years’ Manufacturing experience a plus.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively in a team environment, negotiate diplomatically, and maintain composure and production quality under deadline pressure.
- Ability to think analytically and strategically and act in a detailed, hands-on manner.
Preferred Skills & Proficiencies:
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices.
- Understanding of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and developing software using waterfall or agile methodologies.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail.
- Project Management & Process Improvement experience
- Planning and facilitation skills
- Organizing and recall information from multiple sources on multiple projects and with multi-functional stakeholders.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal abilities.
- Ability to solve problems creatively.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, BS/ BA/ BBA in Computer Science, Operations Management, or other business discipline. 4 years minimum experience in related field in lieu of degree accepted.
- Proven work experience in IT in a project management or formal PMO.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II or LEAN certifications a plus.
Locations: Our flagship operations (plant) is in Guilford, ME with 2 production plants in Pittsfield, ME, a new production plant in the Nashville TN area coming online in November 2021 (targeted), and a sales office in Falmouth, ME. Depending on role, we will consider candidates working remote with travel (50%) to these locations.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work requires operation of a computer.
Hardwood | Puritan is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement and advancement will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or military status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Employment Application Process
Click below to download and fill out our digital application.
If you have trouble accessing the pdf, please contact us at [email protected].
Once you've completed the employment application form, submit your application using the form below.