Last Updated: May 22, 2018
We collect two types of information from visitors to the Sites: (1) personal information; and (2) non-personal information. "Personal information" is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. "Non-personal information" includes technical information that does not identify an individual personally. Please note that over time, non-personal information may become personal information due to regulatory developments, technological advancements, or the co-mingling of personal and non-personal information. In particular, we collect the following information from and about you:
- If you contact us, subscribe to our newsletter, or comment on our blog posts, we may collect information including, but not limited to, your name, industry and job information.
- By using the Sites, we may collect information, such as website use information, through cookies and other similar technologies. For more information, please see the section on Cookies below.
Cookies are parcels of text sent by a server to a web browser and then sent back unchanged by the browser each time it accesses that server. Cookies make it easier for a user to move from web page to web page and to complete transactions over the Internet. We use, and allow certain third parties to use, cookies and other similar technologies to provide our services and to help collect data. Different cookies are used to perform different functions, which we explain below:
- Essential. Some cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around our Sites and use their features, such as accessing secure areas of the Sites. Without these cookies, we cannot enable appropriate content based on the type of device you are using.
- Browsing and Functionality. These cookies allow us to remember choices you make on the Sites, such as
Most browsers automatically accept cookies as the default setting. You may be able to set your browser to not accept cookies, or to warn you when a cookie is being placed on your computer. However, if you choose not to accept certain cookies, your ability to use some features of our Sites may be hindered.
In the US, the Network Advertising Initiative also offers a means to opt-out of a number of advertising cookies. Please visit www.networkadvertising.org to learn more. Note that opting-out does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the company or companies from which you opted-out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your preferences and usage patterns.
The Sites are not intended for children under 13 years of age. Visitors from the European Union (EU) must be at least 16. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13, or 16 in the EU. In the event that we learn that a person under the age of 13, or 16 in the EU, has provided us with personal information, we will delete such personal information.
Use of Information Collected
We use the information that is collected about you to:
- Send you electronic (via email) or printed (via US mail) materials regarding our products and/or company news.
- Present the Sites and their content to you.
- Ensure the Sites are relevant to your needs.
- Comply with applicable laws or legal process and/or respond to requests from public and government authorities.
Legal Bases for Processing
We process personal information in accordance with applicable law and with transparency and fairness. The legal bases for the processing activities listed in the section above are as follows:
- For letter a), with your consent;
- For letter b), in order to fulfill our contractual obligations to you;
- For letter c), for the legitimate purpose of operating our business, including to improve and develop our services, for fraud prevention purposes, and to improve user experience;
- For d), as otherwise in compliance with the law.
Sharing of Information with Third Parties
We may share your personal information to the following parties and in the following instances:
- Third party service providers, who help us maintain our Sites and provide other administrative services to us;
- Third party companies, including companies resulting from possible mergers, acquisitions or other transformations; and
- Competent authorities, in order to comply with applicable laws.
We do not share or sell aggregate information related to cookies used on our web site.
We will divulge personal information as required by governing law or in instances where criminal action has occurred to the extent as required by law enforcement. We may also divulge personal information if we believe it necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others.
If you choose to provide us with personal information, we may transfer that information to our affiliates and subsidiaries, or to other third parties, across border, and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are visiting from the EU or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from United States (US) law, which does not have the same data protection laws as the EU and may provide more limited recourse mechanisms, including dissimilar or, at times, weaker data protection rights. With knowledge of these risks, by providing your personal information you acknowledge that you understand:
- Your personal information may be transferred to the US as indicated above.
Your Rights and Choices
Additionally, residents of the EU have the right to:
- Obtain confirmation as to whether or not your personal information exists and to be informed of its content and source, verify its accuracy and request its completion, update, or amendment;
- Request the deletion, anonymization or restriction of the processing of your personal information processed in breach of the applicable law;
- Object to the processing, in all cases, of your personal information for legitimate reasons;
- Receive an electronic copy of your personal information, if you would like such a copy for yourself or in order to port your personal information to a different provider;
- Lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection supervisory authority.
Public Posting Areas
Please note that any information you include in a message you post to any public posting area, such as the comment section of our blog, is available to anyone with Internet access. If you don't want people to know your e-mail address, for example, don't include it in any message you post publicly. PLEASE BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL WHEN DISCLOSING ANY INFORMATION IN PUBLIC POSTING AREAS. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE BY OTHERS OF THE INFORMATION THAT YOU DISCLOSE IN PUBLIC POSTING AREAS.
Data Security and Retention
Secure server software, which is licensed, encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. It's scrambled en route and decoded once it reaches our web site.
Email that you send to us may not be secure unless we advise you that security measures will be in place prior to your transmitting the information; therefore, please do not send confidential information to us through unsecured email.
If we learn of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using these Sites or providing personal information to us you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of these Sites. We may post a notice on our Sites if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
Other Sites Linked To/From Our Website
We are not responsible for the practices employed by web sites linked to/from our site nor the information contained therein. Often links to other sites are provided solely as a way for the user to obtain information that may be useful to them.
In the event that all or part of our assets are sold or acquired by another party, or in the event of a merger, you grant us the right to assign the personal and non-personal information collected via the Sites.
Puritan Medical Products, LLC.
31 School St.
P.O. Box 149
Guilford, ME 04443-0149